God Our Father, Christ Our Redeemer, the Holy Spirit Our Comforter, Humankind Our Family
THROUGH THE YEARS
1897: A second story was added to St. James during the pastorate of Rev. Joseph Thompson.
1899: A parsonage was built on a lot between the church and Bay Street when Rev. William R. Fickland was pastor.
1905-1910: The church was enlarged to its present size, enclosed with brick, and a pipe organ was installed. The first Deaconess Board in the East was organized under the leadership of Rev. Abraham Lincoln Murray.
1910-1918: The second pipe organ was installed during the pastorate of Rev. Harry P. Anderson.
1918-1921: The parsonage at 117 N. Pennsylvania Avenue was purchased when Rev. Daniel J. Brown was pastor.
1921-1928: Mortgages on the parsonage and church totaling $19,000 were paid, Rev. Albert C. Sanders, pastor.
1928-1931: Rev. William H. Hoxter kept the church debt free, despite the Great Depression.
1931-1933: Rev. Joseph E. Jackson introduced the budget system and contribution envelopes.
1933-1937: Rev. Albert C. Sanders, the only pastor appointed to St. James for a second time, served.